Marinated Plant Mate
- works well in various dishes.
See suggestions for flavour variants below.
- 50 g Plant Mate Slices
- 1 dl water
- 30 g oil (30g=2tbsp)
- 8 g apple cider vinegar (8g=2tsp)
- 7,5 g spices. - Many different spices work well with the plant Mate product. Mix as you please.
Examples - for 7.5g of spices, mix your own taste:
- 0,5 tsp cayenne or chili powder
- 0,5 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp paprika
- 0,5 tbsp Garam Masala
- 0,5 tbsp chives or parsley, chopped
- 0,5 tbsp Ras el Hanout
- 0,5 tbsp orange juice
The Hot Spicy:
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 0,5 tsp cayenne
- 0,5 tsp cumin
- Mix water, oil, spices, and apple cider vinegar in a bowl. Add Plant Mate product and mix well. Put a lid on and let sit for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.Tip: – you can also mix in a plastic bag and then vacuum pack for better durability in the fridge
- After about 15 minutes, they are ready to eat. However, they will get firmer and crispy when roasted.
- Roast marinated Plant Mate product for a short time at high heat. Assess during roasting whether more fat needs to be added – use oil or coconut oil.
- When Plant Mate product is golden and crispy it is ready to use.
A broad variety of uses: The roasted and seasoned Plant Mate product can be used in salad, as pizza topping, as pita filling, in kebab wraps, in soup, as a snack – whatever you can think of! If you want the product to be more colourful, some of the water can be replaced with beetroot juice or something similar. Storage Suggestion: Keep in vacuum bag or closed container in the fridge for 1-2 Weeks. The marinated product is also suitable for freezing.
Leave A Comment